In C’s Thursday Live Show he had asked – What Swami’s birthday means to several devotees.
Questions like this, and “What Sai Baba means to us?” would either let us (followers of Baba) say a 1000 things, or none at all, for didn’t the hymns eventually came up to say: ‘Nethi! Nethi’ to describe that inexhaustible energy… Well, that could as well be my answer, but I thought this was an interesting question to ponder upon.
And my take: Even if most other days get squished into the dreary desert sand of dead habit, that day, I get to give Him back something –
- for all the love and learning;
- for the benignly bestowed bliss;
- for the troublesome tortuous tests, and His bounteous grace that follows;
- for the bright beautiful world He has created for me
- to fly and to flutter,
- to flunk and to falter,
- to love, live and laugh,
- to wither my vices wisely,
- to hope in the dusk for a dawn,
- to pray and to part, only so that I don’t ever have to part again,
- to be full in the seeming incompleteness, only to be engulfed in the ethereal eternity,
- to be more Him, to be less me, and just to ‘be’…
For all this and much more, I would, my dearest Swami, pamper you… For aren’t you the sweetest lord…
Love always, SB.
- Today I am thankful for….. (pallavitopoorani.wordpress.com)
- Sai Baba organisation serves needy in Guyana (guyanatimesgy.com)